Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Google Street View


This is kind of creepy. If you live in the GTA you can go to Google and type in an address, such as your house address and click on street view. You can see your house, including which cars are in the driveway or any person who happens to be walking into/out of your house at the time. I think this is very cool but it is a bit creepy that my car is in the driveway and I was home and someone was outside my house taking pictures of it! I'm not exactly sure which areas are covered but I know London is not included. Google has made sure to blur out people's faces and license plates but it has caused a few issues for some people. Such as who is that mysterious man entering our house with the face blurred out. Google Street View: Creepy or not?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's actually pretty creepy. I didn't know that they had included showing actual people in the pictures too. That's pretty invasive considering not many people are aware of this... I definately vote creepy on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is /that/ creepy considering the amount of creepy stuff that is on the internet. What I do think though is, if this is the stuff they are making avaliable to the public, then how far does that stuff that they aren't making public expand? Who knows?

    ReplyDelete