Tuesday, November 17, 2009

iGoogle


Being a student in MIT, it is pretty sad that I just discovered I could customize my iGoogle to include things such as the weather, places to visit and useless facts. This week not only did I learn to customize my iGoogle but I learned these 3 useless facts:

#1. In the late 1970s, the Coca-Cola Company boycotted the NBC late-night comedy show Saturday Night Live for several years. The giant soda company was retaliating against a frequent character of comedian John Belushi, a Greek restaurant owner who repeatedly said to customers, "No Coke—Pepsi," thus saying the rival company’s name dozens of times within each skit

#2. Phobia: paraskavedekatriaphobia Fear of: Friday the 13th

#3. Camels have 3 eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand, and a camel can shut its nostrils during a desert sandstorm

2 comments:

  1. 1. No Coke - Pepsi. It's true.

    2. it's sad that you just figured this out now. i figured this out YEARS ago jen, literally.

    3. forget iGoogle. MysteryGoogle is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the random useless knowledge app? not cool. Get California Psychics, Today in History, ToDo stickies and CNN News.... then you can be just like me! I've also decked it out with the D&G theme -- woooooo, I bet you can find a naked RPatz one if you try hard enough...

    ReplyDelete